Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cotton




The 3 cotton plants I got from Misti had cotton in them but I had not had time to cut it. I finally did it today and got a bunch of seeds and a bunch of cotton. I am going to use the dried up bud to decorate a wreath next year. I saw some very nice Christmas decorations made with dried plant materials and they were very cool, like Titi would say.

The yellow ground orchid is still blooming a lot. It is next to the Chinese rain bell (strobilanthes flaccidifolius) plant I got from Arabesque and they looks amazing together. The flowers are magenta and so pretty. I am so lucky to have it.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Carmen, I found your blog via Gardenweb, and would like to include it on my website - iloveplants.com. If you are agreeable to having it listed, please let me know what state you are in so I can list it in the appropriate place. Thanks. Susan

Misti said...

Hi Carmen, glad the cotton is doing good for you! :)

Carmen said...

Misti,

Yes, we love the cotton. I should start more plants. It is such a cool plant. I already have a zip lock bag full of cotton. Thank you!