Saturday, March 10, 2007

I have a collection of orchids!!!

Last week I went to Wal Mart and like always, I went in through the garden section. I went to see the plants but I decided not to buy anything since I am trying to save money for my trip to Guatemala. I went inside and bought some groceries and then, right when I was leaving I saw some orchids by the door with a sign that said 97 cents. I asked one of the employees if that was right and he said yes. I ran to the car to put my bags away and went back to get some. I bought 15!!! Right then other people discovered them and they were gone in a minute. I got most of them!! Now I have a collection. They were not flowering but they were very healthy and they were in a small clay pot.

I didn't have time to look at them so I just put them on the ground next to the ground orchids. Today I finally looked at them closely and saw that one of them had one bud! I had to repot some of them because they had a plastic pot inside the clay one and were getting too much water from the sprinklers. It looked like the roots were starting to rot in 2 or 3.

I am so happy!!! Now I have 21 orchids!! I put them in a wooden table in the screened patio but I need to get something better.

1 comment:

LindaD said...

Fantastic!!! It must have been your day to be super blessed! That doesn't happen very often anymore with plants, does it? I'll be watching to see what they do this year.
Linda in Lakeland