Thursday, July 27, 2006

I have a mango!


Last week Carlos and I went to Excalibur Trees and got a mango and a mulberry bush. I can't wait to go back and buy more stuff. I started a cutting of the mulberry immediately and I hope it will take. Tony from GardenWeb told me he had success with cuttings. I tasted my first ripe mulberry and it was delicious. I hope the birds will leave it alone. It should have more berries tomorrow.

In the morning I put the mango on the ground. I hope I put it in a good place. I was thinking that I had planted the banana trees in an area that got a lot of damage from hurricane Wilma. The stuff on the north side of the house did much better. I put the mango on the north side but it is not protected by the house because it is far away from the wall. Well, I hope it will grow well and I will try to protect it as much as possible.

I also put the Telosma cordata on the ground, right next to the swing set. The swing set is starting to rot so I am sure we will have to replace it. I put cord on one of the posts and trained the vines.

I need to propagate the bulbine. I love it!

No comments: