Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Getting rid of grass



After seeing the movie The Inconvenient Truth, I decided I needed to really get rid of most of our grass. I know Don won't like it much and he won't help at all but I need to do at least something. It is cut by a gas lawn mower and I have read they pollute the air much more than a car. I cannot stop driving since there is no public transportation around here but I can try to limit the amount of grass we have. My problem is that I am always running out of cardboard or paper or mulch. I has been raining a lot also so it has been difficult going outside. This morning I finally did something.

We got our first Queen butterfly. I found the caterpillar outside and brougth it inside. It was the one that looks like a Monarch caterpillar but this one has 3 sets of horns. The chrysalids was smaller and we thought it had died because it became totally black the day before. The butterfly is so pretty. It is smaller, similar to the Monarch but much darker.

No comments: