Sunday, May 27, 2007

What's new in the garden

I have been watering by hand the plants I got at Ricky's plant swap last Sunday. The mulberry cuttings I got from Tony don't look good but I am hoping they will survive. I also have 3 fig cuttings that look almost dead but hopefully they will recover. There is also a Rose Mallow that I got from Treefrog and it keeps loosing leaves. I am hoping it will make it.

I also got 2 bananas and the fig cuttings from Lisa, bromeliads from Tony, a Kaempferia, orange jazmine, a begonia Nelumbifolia and even a staghorn fern!! from Lady, a small Hibiscus Acetosella from Cindee, some cute coleus from Kat, a Jatropha and scented geranium from Lorraine, a couple of walking yellow iris, coleus and brugs from Wannarun and Stokes Astor from MsMarion. I was able to plant somethings last week and I am hoping to work more later in the day.

Here are some pictures of plants in the garden.
Broccoli. I planted more seeds but only this one grew large. We should be able to harvest it soon. I don't remember when I planted it. I am going to plant it earlier this fall/winter.
Bromeliad bed
My little hydrangea.

No comments: